Friday, March 14, 2014

Flowers Bright, Flowers at Night

I have loved flowers as subjects for many years. They sit quietly and have numerous details; their texture, color, the very center of them...I could go on but I won't. One thing I have not done is photograph flowers at night. Last night I walked out of a meeting with Daisy to let her run off a little steam (sitting through meetings is hard for a two-year old) and I saw these trees illuminated at the top by a parking lot light and growing darker as it went down. Now the first couple of shots were when the sun was set but some light remained. My camera slowed it's shutter speed and you can barely tell it's not daylight.



In the last two, it's much more obvious it's night. I just love the way the street lights played on the tops of the trees.



I need more practice and a tripod to make these shots clearer but it's not bad for a first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment