Friday, March 7, 2014

Accidental Perfection

Picture this (no pun intended): I get a new lens, a new toy if you will. It's raining (bummer!) and while the lens is hardy, it still makes me very nervous to take it out to play with it. Finally, the sun clears the clouds and I immediately run out to play. I see one of our daffodils has popped out of the ground and I immediately go to snap a picture of it:


Then I think, if I could get a bit lower, I could see inside of that flower. Not wanting to get dirty, I resorted to an old photo trick, lower the camera, point, shoot, and hope for the best. I got something I didn't even know I wanted. Perfect. Accidental. Like...Teflon. If only this accident made me a few million bucks.


What I love about this is the contrast of the dark brown bark against the bright green spring grass. I also love the hint of the rain droplets in the background and how sharp the foreground is while the background has a nice bokeh about it.

- FFR

No comments:

Post a Comment